Approximately 50.9% of Allwell from Arizona Complete Health members got vaccinated in 2019-2020, but more than 90% of patients are likely to get the flu shot when their provider recommends it — including those who had initial doubts.1
When talking with your patients:
Make a strong recommendation to your patients to get their flu shot. Research shows that patients are more likely to get a flu shot if their doctor recommends it.
You can use the SHARE method to provide information:
- SHARE reasons to get the flu shot based on their age or other risk factors.
- HIGHLIGHT positive experiences with the flu shot to reinforce benefits.
- ADDRESS concerns about the vaccine, including effectiveness, side effects, safety and misconceptions.
- REMIND patients that the flu shot not only protects them but also everyone around them.
- EXPLAIN that getting the flu can mean taking sick days from work or missing fun with family and friends.
Follow-up is important! Talk to your patients about where and when they’ll get their flu shot, and make a note to confirm during their next visit.
Flu Prevention is a Win-Win
There are many advantages to promoting flu prevention:
- Healthier patients
- Decreased severity of illness for those who do get sick
- Reduced community spread
- More satisfied patients help you achieve your quality goals. And you may earn financial incentives based on your contract.
Remember, you can help stop the flu! Strongly recommend to all of your patients to get their annual flu shot.
Allwell from Arizona Complete Health is here to support you. If you have questions about flu prevention, patient education tools or incentives, visit
MORE INFORMATION or call 1-800-977-7522 (TTY: 711).
For general questions about COVID-19, visit cdc.gov.
For Allwell from AzCH COVID-19 resources, visit
Allwell from AzCH or call us at 1-800-977-7522 (TTY: 711).
© 2020 Allwell from Arizona Complete Health. All rights reserved.