Preventive and clinical practice guidelines are based on the health needs and opportunities for improvement identified as part of the Quality Assurance Program Improvement (QAPI) program. Whenever possible, Arizona Complete Health adopts preventive and clinical practice guidelines that are published by nationally recognized organizations or government institutions as well as state-wide collaborative and/or a consensus of healthcare professionals in the applicable field.
Adopted Clinical Practice and Preventative Health Guidelines (PDF) - (Marketplace, Medicaid, Medicare)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires health plans to provide annual education and training on Wellcare’s Model of Care to providers who usually treat our Special Needs Plan (SNP) members. This applies to our Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) members, who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid, and Chronic Condition Special Needs members (C-SNP), who have one or more qualifying conditions.
Below is the the provider training material updated annually to align with the current year Model of Care. Included is the self-study training that outlines Wellcare’s Model of Care requirements for our providers.
We appreciate the quality care you provide to our members and your support of our efforts to meet the CMS regulations regarding the SNP Model of Care.
For additional information on how to work with our health plan to manage SNP members, please visit our Provider Resource page on the website which houses links to the Provider Manual, Quick Reference Guides, Clinical Practice Guidelines, and other valuable resources.
Arizona Complete Health-Complete Care Plan Toolkits
AHCCCS Behavioral Health System Practice Tools
- Child and Family Team
- Children’s Out of Home Services
- Family and Youth Involvement in the Children’s Behavioral Health System
- Support and Rehabilitation Services for Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults
- Transition to Adulthood
- Unique Behavioral Health Services for Needs of Children, Youth and Families Involved with Department of Child Safety
- Youth Involvement in the Children’s Behavioral Health System
For PCPs - Behavioral Health Toolkits
AHCCCS AMPM Appendix E, Childhood and Adolescent Behavioral Health Tool Kits
AHCCCS AMPM Appendix F, Adult Behavioral Health Tool Kits
For OB Providers
Member Resources for Peripartum and Postpartum Depression
- Arizona Postpartum Warm Line: 1-888-434-6667
(Offers phone support and resource information to Arizona women and their families who may be experiencing pregnancy and postpartum adjustment, anxiety and depression)
- The Arizona Postpartum Wellness Coalition
- Postpartum Couples
- Postpartum Depression in Men
Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Toolkit
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Institute of Mental Health
Suicide Prevention Hotlines
- 1-800-Suicide (National) 1-800-784-2433
- 1-480-784-1500 (Maricopa County)
- 1-866-205-5229 (Arizona - Toll Free)